When acquiring personal information, to the minimum necessary for the purpose of use, we shall obtain it properly with the consent of an individual or from a third party who has the legitimate title hereof.
We will not acquire the following specific personal information unless we have obtained the prior consent of the individual to that effect.
- Social Status
- Medical history
- Criminal history
- Fact that the person has suffered harm because of the criminal act.
- Fact that criminal procedure has been brought against the person.
- Sex life or sexual orientation
- Criminal history
- Trade union membership
Purpose of Use
When handling personal information, we shall specify the purpose for which the personal information is to be used, shall notify or publicly announce such purpose in advance at the time of acquisition of the personal information, shall handle the personal information only within the scope of such purpose, and shall not use the personal information for any purpose other than such purpose.
In the course of providing Internet-based services, we may automatically collect the following personal information in order to initiate and maintain the communication connections required for such systems.
- The global IP address and port number of the Customer’s communications terminal
- OS, browser, hardware device, and language settings of the user’s communications terminal
- Screen information of the monitor used by the Customer ‘s communications terminal (screen resolution, monitor size, etc.)
Use of Cookie
Cookies refer to information stored in a customer’s web browser and the protocols used to communicate with the Service to help identify accessing users and store custom settings and provide services customized to their preferences.
Users at any time may set their web browsers to refuse all cookies or to indicate upon transmission of a cookie to that effect. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the service.
In addition to appointing a Data Protection Officer, we shall implement technological, organizational, and operational security control measures to ensure the integrity and security of the Personal information and make our best effort to ensure that the Personal information in our possession is accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We shall not provide personal information to third parties unless we have obtained the prior consent of the Customer. However, we may provide personal information to a third party except in the following cases (with respect to (2) and (3), only when possible consent from the customer is difficult to obtain).
- In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
- When required to protect the life, body, or property of an individual.
- When especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children.
Notwithstanding the above, personal data may be provided to third parties within the scope of the purposes for which the personal data is used, in addition to the following cases and only with the consent of the Customer concerned.
- When the service is operated on an external server or cloud service.
- When obtaining necessary information for services from a third party through inspection, inquiry, or other means.
- When outsourcing the management of personal information to an external party under our supervision.
- When we receive a request from a regulatory or judicial agency based on laws and regulations.
Provision to Abroad
We may provide personal information in our possession to third parties in foreign countries within the scope of the “Purposes of Use of Personal Information” and “Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties” above, if any of the following conditions are satisfied. However, provided that, when personal information located within the EU is transferred to a third country outside the EU, an appropriate level of protection shall be ensured through the conclusion of standard contractual clauses or other measures in accordance with the decisions of the European Commission.
- Where the third party is in a country that is specified by the Enforcement Rules for the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as a country with a personal information protection system at the same level as that of Japan
- Where the Third Party has established a system that conforms to the standards established by the Enforcement Rules for the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as a system equivalent to those to be taken by business entities handling personal information.
When the “purpose of use of personal information” has been accomplished, we will dispose of such personal information in an unrecoverable manner, except in cases where record retention is required by law (e.g., Article 29.2 of the Personal Information Protection Law).
Disclosure / Revision Request
If any of the following requests are made by the person whose personal information is held, we will disclose or correct the relevant personal information in portable data format compatible with Article 20 of the GDPR based on the request. In such cases, the actual cost may be charged as a handling fee.
- request for disclosure of the individual’s personal information
- request for correction of the individual’s personal information
However, provided that, disclosure may not be possible in the following cases.
- If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party.
- If it may cause significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business
- If disclosure of personal information would violate the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
Request for Suspension of Use / Restriction on Use / Disposal
If we receive any of the following requests from the individual, we will promptly conduct the necessary investigation, and if there is a reason for the request, we will stop using, restrict, or dispose of the personal information in accordance with the request.
- request for suspension of use of the individual’s personal information
- request to restrict the use of the individual’s personal information
- request for destruction of the individual’s personal information
- request for filing a complaint with a supervisory authority
Please contact the following for any inquiries regarding personal information.